The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is fully committed to the practice of equal opportunity in all projects. The I-270 North Design-Build team represents, and will continue to represent, diversity including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, ability, and sexual orientation. Qualified contractors will be sought throughout the Design-Build process who bring a diverse workforce of individuals with a wide range of characteristics and experiences to the project. Learn more about MoDOT’s Workforce Diversity Plan.
Millstone Weber, along with its designer, Parsons, is committed to closing the workforce gap and meeting and exceeding the federal workforce standards of 14.7 percent minority and 6.9 percent women participation per craft, including professional services. We have identified anticipated work items, construction positions, skills, and workforce numbers, by craft, required to meet the Project’s scope of work.
Millstone Weber is committed to the success, development, and growth of DBEs in professional services and construction. Millstone Weber is committed to meeting the DBE goal of 22 percent for professional services and is on track to meet and exceed the DBE goal of 18 percent for construction services.
Millstone Weber actively supports and encourages the participation of DBEs in the highway construction industry. We seek to preserve our reputation of DBE program excellence by maximizing DBE participation throughout a project. All quotations will be treated fairly and confidentially.
DBE Engagement Outreach History
MoDOT has already taken a number of measures to engage the local area of workforce opportunities with the upcoming project. These include:
- Project Pre-Industry Meeting and DBE Mixer - February 26, 2019
- Project Open House Public Meeting with Workforce Partners - April 16, 2019
- Speaking Commitment at DBE Symposium - April 24-25, 2019
- Project Industry Meeting - April 30, 2019
- Project DBE Mixer with Shortlisted Teams - June 20, 2019
- St. Louis Construction Contractors Assistance
- United Stated Department of Transportation Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- MO Small Business Development Center
- St Louis Agency on
Training and Employment
- The Associated General Contractors of America -
- Building Union Diversity (BUD) for a free entry
program into construction careers
- Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Building Better Together
- Project Connect