MoDOT to close I‑270 April 16-19 to demolish the West Florissant Avenue BridgeMissouri Department of Transportation | St Louis District
1590 Woodlake Drive | Chesterfield MO 63017-5712
314.275.1500 Fax: 573.522.6475
For more information, contact MoDOT Customer Service at (314) 275-1500
Nina M. Thompson, I‑270 North Project Communications Coordinator
(314) 370-4187 Nina.Thompson@modot.mo.gov
Follow us on Facebook at MoDOT-St Louis
Follow us on Twitter: @MoDOT_StLouis
April 5, 2021 — For immediate release
ST. LOUIS — Drivers who plan to travel I‑270 in north St. Louis County should use alternative routes the weekend of April 16-19 as crews will completely close both directions of I‑270 to remove the West Florissant Avenue bridge.
Crews will start closing lanes in both directions of I‑270 at 7 p.m. Friday, April 16, with all lanes being closed by 9 p.m. for the bridge demolition. I‑270 is scheduled to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, April 19. Detour routes for the closure will be marked. West Florissant Avenue will be closed at I‑270 for four months. The new West Florissant Avenue bridge over I‑270 will open to traffic in August 2021.
West Florissant Avenue will be closed at I‑270. Detour routes are:
- Southbound traffic on West Florissant Avenue detours via Dunn Road to North Elizabeth Avenue to Pershall Road to connect to West Florissant Avenue and continue southbound.
- Northbound traffic on West Florissant Avenue detours via Pershall Road to New Halls Ferry Road to Dunn Road to connect to West Florissant Avenue and continue northbound.
- Travelers north of I‑270 on West Florissant Avenue traveling to I‑270 eastbound detour via Dunn Road to North Elizabeth Avenue to the I‑270 eastbound entrance ramp from North Elizabeth Avenue.
- Travelers south of I‑270 on West Florissant Avenue traveling to I‑270 westbound detour via Pershall Road to New Halls Ferry Road to Dunn Road to the I‑270 westbound entrance ramp from Dunn Road.
Drivers are encouraged to visit the I‑270 North Project website at www.i270north.org to learn more about planned detours and details of the project, including a project overview and graphic displays of planned construction. Travelers can also contact MoDOT's customer service center at 1-314-275-1500 or contact the I‑270 North Project Team at: I270North@modot.mo.gov