MoDOT Announces Road Closures on I-270 beginning June 8, 2020Missouri Department of Transportation | St Louis District
1590 Woodlake Drive | Chesterfield MO 63017-5712
314.275.1500 Fax: 573.522.6475
For more information, contact MoDOT Customer Service at (314) 275-1500
Nina M. Thompson, I-270 North Project Communications Coordinator
(314) 370-4187 Nina.Thompson@modot.mo.gov
Follow us on Facebook at MoDOT-St Louis
Follow us on Twitter: @MoDOT_StLouis
May 26, 2020 — For immediate release
ST. LOUIS — Drivers on Interstate I-270 should be aware of upcoming road closures beginning June 8, 2020 as part of MoDOT's $278 million I-270 North Project in north St. Louis County.
The closure schedules and detour routes are as follows:
Monday, June 8, 2020
Closure Description: The northbound Highway 67 (Lindbergh Boulevard) ramp to westbound Interstate 270 will close.
Duration: 2 years
- Traffic using the ramp from northbound Lindbergh Blvd to westbound I-270 will be detoured to the McDonnell Blvd./I-270 interchange via James S. McDonnell Blvd. Traffic traveling northbound on Lindbergh Blvd to the westbound I-270 entrance ramp will turn left onto James S. McDonnell Blvd and travel to the McDonnell/I-270 interchange where travelers can access the entrance ramp to westbound I-270. Drivers who miss the turn onto James S. McDonnell Blvd or begin their trip north of James S. McDonnell Blvd can make U-turns on Lindbergh Blvd at Utz Lane and Fee Fee Hills Drive to reach James S. McDonnell Blvd and continue on the detour to reach westbound I-270.
Friday, June 12, 2020
Closure Description: I-270 will close near Old Halls Ferry Road for bridge demolition.
Duration: 9 p.m. Friday, June 12 through 5 a.m. Monday, June 15.
Drivers should consider alternate routes as all eastbound and westbound lanes of I-270 will close on Friday, June 12th at 9 p.m. for removal of Old Halls Ferry Bridge.
- Traffic on eastbound I-270 will exit at the New Halls Ferry Road ramp (Exit 30) and travel through the New Halls Ferry Road intersection to Pershall Road, following Pershall through the Old Halls Ferry Road intersection to the Old Halls Ferry Road entrance ramp to eastbound I-270.
- Traffic on westbound I-270 will exit at the ramp to Old Halls Ferry Road (Exit 30A) and travel through the Old Halls Ferry Road intersection to Dunn Road, follow Dunn Road through the New Halls Ferry Road intersection to the Dunn Road entrance ramp to westbound I-270.
Friday, June 12, 2020
Closure Description: Old Halls Ferry Bridge over I-270 Closure
Duration: 100 days
- Southbound Old Halls Ferry Road traffic will turn right onto Dunn Road, travel to New Halls Ferry Road, turn left onto New Halls Ferry Road and travel south on New Halls Ferry Road to the Old Halls Ferry Road/New Halls Ferry Road split.
- Northbound Old Halls Ferry Road traffic will detour via the Old Halls Ferry Road/New Halls Ferry Road split, traveling north on New Halls Ferry Road to Dunn Road, turn right onto Dunn Road, travel to Old Halls Ferry Road and turn left onto northbound Old Halls Ferry Road.
- Southbound Old Halls Ferry Road traffic needing to access eastbound I-270 will turn right onto Dunn Road, travel to New Halls Ferry Road, turn left onto New Halls Ferry Road, travel south on New Halls Ferry Road, turn right onto Pershall Road, travel to West Florissant Road, turn right onto West Florissant Road and turn right onto entrance ramp to eastbound I-270.
Monday, June 15, 2020
Closure Description: I-270 Eastbound Entrance Ramp at S. New Florissant Road Closure
Duration: 3 months
- Travelers using the New Florissant Road entrance ramp to eastbound I-270 will be detoured from New Florissant Road onto eastbound Dunn Road and travel to Washington Street/N. Elizabeth Avenue, turn right onto Washington Street/N. Elizabeth Avenue travel over I-270 and turn left onto the entrance ramp to eastbound I-270.
The I-270 North Project runs from James S. McDonnell Boulevard to Bellefontaine Road. It will update and replace aging pavement and bridges, better link communities, improve accessibility for both bicyclists and pedestrians, and enhance traffic operations and safety throughout the corridor.
Drivers are encouraged to visit the project website at http://www.i270north.org to hear narrated detour information and to learn more about the specifics of the project, including a project overview and graphic displays of planned construction. In addition, website visitors can leave comments or signup for on-going updates.
The public can also contact MoDOT’s customer service center at 1-314-275-1500 or contact I-270 North Project Communications Coordinator, Nina M. Thompson, at email@example.com.
Previous Contractor Events
MoDOT hosted a DBE mixer on June 20, 2019. Both short-listed design-build teams were present to meet with potential DBE companies. Over 25 DBE firms attended and connected with the teams and MoDOT staff. View the sign-in sheets.
Interested in doing work with the I-270 Design Build Team? Please contact us to receive project updates and opportunities unique to Contractors and those interested in doing work on this world class project. Procurement Schedule | Request for Letters for Design-Build ServicesView upcoming Contractor Events
- I-270 North Prequalified Teams (PDF 86KB) (Opens in a new window)
- REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
I-270 North Design-Build Project, St. Louis County, MO (PDF 69KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Download RFQ Forms Package (ZIP 6.0MB) (Opens in a new window)
- View Meeting Presentation (PDF 1.3MB)(Opens in a new window)
- View Sign In Sheets (PDF 895KB) (Opens in a new window)
- View RFQ Addendum Cover Letter (PDF 160 KB)(Opens in a new window)
- View RFQ Addendum (PDF 608 KB)(Opens in a new window)
- View Form DB-102A1 (PDF 913 KB)(Opens in a new window)
- View RFQ Response RFCs (PDF 110 KB)(Opens in a new window)
Pre-Industry Meeting and DBE Mixer
MoDOT held a pre-industry meeting and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) mixer at the St Louis offices on Tuesday February 26, 2019. The meeting was open to prime contractors, design consultants, small contractors and certified DBE companies. MoDOT talked through the project goals, procurement schedule, project budget, and workforce diversity, among other topics. Please view the presentation and attendees list.